Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Let's take it from the top!

In the summer of 2008 I started this blog as an experiment with the help of my math teacher Mr. McClain. I wrote moderately about movies,

the television show LOST, and other topics I deemed important. I was a genuine rookie, and as autumn slowly replaced summer, and school

became my top priority, I stopped. It has been nearly 2 years since my last post, and I promised myself I'd give it another shot.

So here I am, ready to write.


My plan is to continue this blog through out the school year.

I feel it will benefit me greatly to exercise my grammatical skills while writing for the school newspaper. As we worked

to schedule my classes for the upcoming semester, my counselor encouraged me to choose "career-oriented" classes.

I knew I had always wanted to write, so naturally the Elkhart Central

Blazer Pennant monthly newspaper was the class for me.

I was nervous at first, having my work read by the entire school. As it turns out, I seemed to have a knack for pennant writing,

and I received the Story of the Year award for "3D: The Future of Entertainment (?)."

I was enthralled at the prospect that my work was being recognized by my peers, and it has given

me the confidence to further expand my writing and explore new ideas.

So now, here I am. This blog will, over the course of this school year, fill with my thoughts, reviews, and rants. I plan to highlight the events of my

summer in the next few weeks, such as the Fourth of July, the LOST series finale (sniff sniff), my thoughts on the oil spill,

book reviews, and my two favorite movies of the summer, Toy Story 3 and Inception.


My next post will be arriving soon!