Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book Run

It's amazing the things one can see while at University Park Mall. People of all shapes and sizes walk, waddle and run to and fro. The occasional toddler spills juice all over the floor. Stately young men and woman attempt to sell you the hottest brand of soap from behind a neatly decorated kiosk. It's all amusing to observe, and my trip to Barnes and Noble was filled to the brim with interesting people doing interesting things.

But when I enter Barnes and Noble, it's like stepping out of The Twilight Zone and into paradise. If it weren't so far away, I would work there. The people are nice, it always smells good. and I love books. My visit there today left me $60 lighter, and 4 books heavier: The Link by Colin Tudge, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon, The Varieties of Scientific Experience by Carl Sagan, and Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales. Im like a little kid in a candy store. An expensive candy store. Maybe I should try the library for a while.....

...Nahh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sixty dollars!? You better enjoy every single page.